Fram Oil Filter or other make? - Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums
» Forum Search
SparkTalk.com is the premier Chevrolet Spark Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #1

Default Fram Oil Filter or other make?

Gee Willikers, I'm missing something... I'm sure you can go to a dealership and buy an oil filter for the 2013 North American 1.2 liter Chevy Spark- but can I walk into Autozone, Advance Autoparts, or a Walmart and buy one? A Fram? A Purolator? Anything I can cross-index? I just can't seem to find oil filter part numbers for my Sparks anywhere. I doubt GM designed a special oil filter just for this family of engine. Or did they?

Yes, I have two Sparks. A 1LT and The Boss (wife) has a 2LT.

Sooner or later I'll be changing the oil on these cute critters. :P

Thanks in advance,
Sky~
Skyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #2

I emailed K&N to see if they have an air filter yet. They said they haven't yet, but will contact me when one is available.
I would guess the same for the oil filter as well. We all have a vehicle that has just came out, so I bet it will be a bit before we can get stuff at Autozone or anyplace other than dealership.
I wanted to put a cd player in my Spark, but there is no harness or mounting kit made yet.
As far as a guess for the oil filter, I wonder if the 1.4 and 1.8 engine in the Sonic and Cruze use the same size filter as the Spark.
ChevySparkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #3

I have always been fine with the OEM filter. How I see it, that was the filter that was designed for the car by the manufacture. You can never go wrong with staying OEM.

I'm not sure but maybe for warranty purposes it's better to stick with OEM filters and such. Can anyone confirm this?
chevysub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement