Picture of Trunk w/Groceries please ... - Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-01-2013, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Picture of Trunk w/Groceries please ...

I'm trying to convince my wife that the Spark EV will be a fun and useful car for our family. She says the hatchback/trunk is too small to even fit 4 bags of groceries.

Can someone who owns this car please send a pic of the trunk filled with groceries or luggage or something to help convince my wife?

Our local Chevy dealer doesn't have an EV for us to try (though the inventory search web site says they should).

Thanks -- Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-08-2013, 04:08 AM

Bummer. No reply or picture. I don't own the car yet and can only say that the rear seats can fold down and create a bigger cargo space. How did your persuasion go Bob? Is she on board?
post #3 of 9 Old 08-14-2013, 05:16 PM

If the Chevy dealer has a gas Spark, you can evaluate the hatch space that way. The Spark EV rear seatbacks tilt forward almost but not quite to horizontal. I generally just put large cargo in the back seat - plenty of room. The rear doors make it easy compared to something like the Fiat 500e which is only two doors.

I would take a picture now but the SO is out running errands in the Spark including grocery shopping. Maybe when she gets back.

post #4 of 9 Old 08-16-2013, 04:46 PM

The Spark EV seats do fold down flat. It is a common misconception that they don't. It just takes some fiddling with the headrests. See pics here:

Chevy Spark EV Forum - Rear seats: do they fold completely flat?

Also, the Spark EV has slightly less cargo space than the gas powered version, due to the battery under the cargo and rear seat area.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-18-2013, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

Okay, finally got a testdrive with the wife, and she agreed to lease the car! I now have a Spark EV in my garage.

Here is a pic of groceries in the safeway parking lot.

Also a pic in the garage of two coolers with the seats folded down. If you lower then raise the headrests while folding it forms a nice flat continuous area for cargo. It is not 100% level, but it is pretty close.

One definite annoyance is that while the rear privacy screen is easily removeable, the rear speakers are not, and they definitely intrude on the cargo area a few inches on either side. I had a quick go at them with a phillips head screw driver, but was unable to remove them.

--Bob

P.S. Now I have to get my free Bosch 240V charger (sans installation), and the CA EV rebate and I'll be all set..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1772.JPG (125.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1773.JPG (110.6 KB, 20 views)
post #6 of 9 Old 08-19-2013, 06:27 AM

Sweet! Congrats to you and your wife! Oh, and your dog that I see in one of the photos peeking it's head in to see what all the hoopla is about.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-20-2013, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

One of these days I'll try to put the whole family in the Spark EV:

2 Adults in front
2 Kids in the back
1 Dog in the hatchback (with security cover removed)

--Bob
post #8 of 9 Old 02-04-2015, 01:56 PM

i do not agree with your views.
to know any type of classified please visit this site
Top Ten classified website
post #9 of 9 Old 05-18-2015, 02:02 AM

w/out seats down

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page