Air conditioner - Page 2 - Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 33 Old 04-02-2013, 02:29 PM

Very strange problem. My spark does not have this problem.

If there is a recall I would like to get this fixed before it happens to me.

Chrissy V
Awaiting Salsa 2013 Spark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 Old 04-02-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehornback View Post
Me and my local chevy house don't get along. They don't like the fact that I bought my Spark from out of town. I am on vacation next week so I will be taking it to them for the radio upgrade and I'll be asking them about the a/c again. I'm in Oklahoma and it gets hot in June here.
Thats how it always is with dealerships, if you buy from them, they treat you really good. And it's best to always do that, find a dealership that has the car you want, buy from them, and have them maintain it.

Good luck though, keep us posted and let us know how it goes.

BTW Chevrolet's customer service department is on this forum, so if any issues come up, you can go to them
post #13 of 33 Old 04-03-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvy View Post
Very strange problem. My spark does not have this problem.

If there is a recall I would like to get this fixed before it happens to me.
Chris, is your Spark a 2013 bought in America?

post #14 of 33 Old 04-04-2013, 03:55 PM

yes it is

Chrissy V
Awaiting Salsa 2013 Spark
post #15 of 33 Old 04-04-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvy View Post
yes it is
Interesting, do you know what the build date is on yours? Does it have illuminated controls on the steering wheel?
post #16 of 33 Old 05-22-2013, 08:14 PM

Now that it is getting warmer, I've noticed that if it is even close to warm outside, my air conditioner just never cools down. It stays lukewarm, or blows air even warmer than what's outside. Anyone else having this problem?
post #17 of 33 Old 05-22-2013, 09:48 PM

AC

Vapors started coming out of my vents when my ac was on a few min later it stopped getting cold, it has always been not so cold since we bought it we are taking it to the dealer tomorrow...
sippereo likes this.
post #18 of 33 Old 05-23-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmethven View Post
Vapors started coming out of my vents when my ac was on a few min later it stopped getting cold, it has always been not so cold since we bought it we are taking it to the dealer tomorrow...
good luck and let us know how it goes. My dealer told me "it is doing what it's suppose to be doing"
post #19 of 33 Old 06-06-2013, 09:41 PM

Question

I had a 2000 Civic & the compressor cut off when the steering wheel hit the stops (this was intentional to give the small gas motor more power) also when at idle - could Chevy have got too aggressive with this on the Spark - any updates ?

2016 Spark 1LT on short list
post #20 of 33 Old 06-07-2013, 12:31 AM

Check the below: Found it while browsing various Chevrolet websites to find out any info I could about my new 2013 Sparl 2LT. Hope this helps.

On some 2013 Sparks, the air conditioning may only blow warm air or may get slightly cooler during acceleration. During diagnosis, the A/C pressures may be erratic and the low side may be as low as 0 psi to 30 inches of vacuum.
Inspect for metal contamination in the A/C system by removing the plug from the bottom of the receiver/drier and checking for debris in the filter assembly. Also check for debris or contamination in the thermal expansion valve (TXV). If contamination is found, perform repairs as outlined in the appropriate Service Information and verify repairs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page