Air conditioner - Page 3 - Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 Old 06-10-2013, 12:29 PM

My 2013 Spark is on its way back to the shop again, 4th time the air conditioner has broke. I called GM today and they are going to call the dealership and try to get it fixed for good this time. Other than the air conditioning issues I love my car. I have a feeling this is a wider problem then just my car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old 06-18-2013, 11:54 PM

The compressor in my Spark was faulty, so now I'm just waiting for my dealer to get in a new one for replacement. Glad to know something was actually broken and can be fixed, instead of just being told "well this is the best it can do."
post #23 of 30 Old 06-30-2013, 01:04 AM

AirConditioner

Love my Spark BUT having AC problems similar to ones mentioned. Will make appointment with my dealer and let you know what happens.

post #24 of 30 Old 07-01-2013, 11:40 AM

Here is a similar AC malfunction in another forum. They actually found the problem and got it fixed.

A/C problem figured out!! - Lounge - Chevy Spark Forum
post #25 of 30 Old 07-13-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfruth View Post
I had a 2000 Civic & the compressor cut off when the steering wheel hit the stops (this was intentional to give the small gas motor more power) also when at idle - could Chevy have got too aggressive with this on the Spark - any updates ?
I doubt this is the cause. GM uses an electric power assisted steering system, and has no relation to the gas engine because there is no hydraulic pump driven by the gas engine.
rfruth likes this.
post #26 of 30 Old 07-13-2013, 03:59 PM

Didn't know about the electric power steering, thanks (one less power draining device on the gas engine)

2016 Spark 1LT on short list
post #27 of 30 Old 07-23-2013, 09:57 PM

I took to my dealer and they replaced the compressor and now it works great!
post #28 of 30 Old 08-29-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoknew1985 View Post
I think you are correct that this issue is a wider issue with our Chevrolet Spark's air conditioning systems. My a/c is only blowing cold air when I am driving. When my car is at idle, the air stops cooling the car. I have been told that the GM engineers are working on this issue and I have an active case number so that my dealership will get the information to repair it, when the resolution is found. It has been a long hot summer, in West Tennessee.
Same here. I can hear the A/C compressor clutch disengage when at idle, then it kicks in once you get moving. Not sure if this is by design, but you have to turn the temp to max cool and recirculate on to keep the car comfortable in 90' weather.
post #29 of 30 Old 07-24-2020, 04:41 AM

No. Whatever the weather, I always use air conditioning. He became much to me . Especially after a one repair. Just some time ago when I just purchased an air conditioner, after 3 weeks it burned out and I didn't know what to do. I was very upset as it was almost new. I told my friend and he advised me air conditioner repair servicing. I didn't really trust the service centers, because I thought that they often cheat, but still decided to turn to these guys. The result surprised me. They did their job very quickly and everything was very high quality, and most importantly I did not spend much money on it.
post #30 of 30 Old 07-29-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldenverney View Post
No. Whatever the weather, I always use air conditioning. He became much to me . Especially after a one repair. Just some time ago when I just purchased an air conditioner, after 3 weeks it burned out and I didn't know what to do. I was very upset as it was almost new. I told my friend and he advised me air conditioner repair servicing. I didn't really trust the service centers, because I thought that they often cheat, but still decided to turn to these guys. The result surprised me. They did their job very quickly and everything was very high quality, and most importantly I did not spend much money on it.
Could you tell me some more information about it? Letís talk in PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page