Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums

Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums (https://www.sparktalk.com/forum/)
-   Chevrolet Spark General Discussion Forum (https://www.sparktalk.com/forum/chevrolet-spark-general-discussion-forum/)
-   -   Air conditioner (https://www.sparktalk.com/forum/chevrolet-spark-general-discussion-forum/378-air-conditioner.html)

dave58q 11-12-2012 12:46 PM

Air conditioner

Hi, new to the site I have a green 5 speed LT1. I love my car I have almost 8,000 miles on it. My issue is the air conditioner the car has been out of service 9 days trying figure out why the air cycles from ice cold to warm several times a minute. all new sparks on the lot do the same thing. The dealership has given up GM says they have no answer. Any ideas?

SparkFan 11-12-2012 04:43 PM

If all new Sparks do this I would assume there might be a TSB out for it.

My guess.... A/C Condenser is faulty, but it could be a few other things. Have you tried taking it into a different dealership? or better yet calling Chevrolet customer service to see what they can do?

dave58q 11-12-2012 09:04 PM

air conditioner

No TSB, Chevrolet customer service no help, AC compressor working

chevysub 11-14-2012 07:14 PM

Sounds like a faulty sensor

Chev Chelios 11-15-2012 05:09 PM

Thats weird that other sparks did it in the lot. Could be a faulty thermostat.

joehornback 01-14-2013 09:45 PM

I bought my car in August 100 miles from my home. I noticed this right off on the trip home. While I never got hot, it was irritating that the a/c cycled like this. Then on a 100 degree day, in the heat of the day I took a trip across town, the a/c never got cool. I took it to my local dealer (from whom I did NOT buy the car) and they told me everything was working great. I called my dealer that I bought the car from and complained, he acted surprised and told me he would let me know if he heard anything about it. Needless to say, I never heard anything from him, he's made the sale and that's all he cares about. I love this little car, but the a/c is definitely a big disappointment. I hope they can come out with a fix on this before this summer's heat wave comes. I live in Oklahoma and we always have many 100+ degree days in the summer time...

Chev Chelios 01-16-2013 08:00 PM

Any updates on the issue?

joehornback 01-21-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chev Chelios (Post 1307)
Any updates on the issue?

I haven't heard any. When spring comes around, I'll be calling my local chevy house and asking them if there is a 'memo' on this issue.

sparked 04-01-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joehornback (Post 1320)
I haven't heard any. When spring comes around, I'll be calling my local chevy house and asking them if there is a 'memo' on this issue.

Not sure where exactly you're located but it is starting to warm up, now that it's the first official day of spring, are you going to be calling them soon?

joehornback 04-01-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparked (Post 1658)
Not sure where exactly you're located but it is starting to warm up, now that it's the first official day of spring, are you going to be calling them soon?

Me and my local chevy house don't get along. They don't like the fact that I bought my Spark from out of town. I am on vacation next week so I will be taking it to them for the radio upgrade and I'll be asking them about the a/c again. I'm in Oklahoma and it gets hot in June here.