Prepayment metters and Germany’s green energy shift is more fizzle than sizzle - Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-07-2020, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Prepayment metters and Germany’s green energy shift is more fizzle than sizzle

A small part of the article is quoted, full article is in the link. It appears that German switch from nuclear and fossil towards renewables is not going as planned.
Energiewende's extremely expensive green energy transformation in Germany is going awry. The numbers speak for themselves.

Despite spending around 150 billion euros and years of political efforts to phase out nuclear and fossil fuels and switch to renewable energy sources such as wind and solar, Germany is expected to fall short of almost all of its national and European targets for reducing emissions and clean energy by 2020.

High electricity prices, continued reliance on coal and a “poor record of CO2 emissions " mean that Germany is lagging behind other countries in the transition from fossil fuels, according to the new McKinsey global energy transition index. In Europe, 11 countries, including Sweden, Austria, Denmark, great Britain and France, are doing a better job of reducing their coal dependence and greening their energy systems.

Renewable energy sources rose to 36 percent of the country's electricity consumption last year, according to the Agora Energiewende think tank. But while renewables have grown in the energy sector, they have not made much progress in transport or heating, so they account for just over 13 percent of energy consumption.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-08-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller21QQQ View Post
A small part of the article is quoted, full article is in the link. It appears that German switch from nuclear and fossil towards renewables is not going as planned.
Energiewende's extremely expensive green energy transformation in Germany is going awry. The numbers speak for themselves.

Despite spending around 150 billion euros and years of political efforts to phase out nuclear and fossil fuels and switch to renewable energy sources such as wind and solar, Germany is expected to fall short of almost all of its national and European targets for reducing emissions and clean energy by 2020.

High electricity prices, continued reliance on coal and a “poor record of CO2 emissions " mean that Germany is lagging behind other countries in the transition from fossil fuels, according to the new McKinsey global energy transition index. In Europe, 11 countries, including Sweden, Austria, Denmark, great Britain and France, are doing a better job of reducing their coal dependence and greening their energy systems.

Renewable energy sources rose to 36 percent of the country's electricity consumption last year, according to the Agora Energiewende think tank. But while renewables have grown in the energy sector, they have not made much progress in transport or heating, so they account for just over 13 percent of energy consumption.
I like renewable energy! Thanks for sharing!
post #3 of 4 Old 05-08-2020, 03:43 PM

I don’t know what the situation is with Germany, but in England there are no problems with it and there is just a huge number of suppliers of green energy! My friend is a very ardent environmentalist and so he decided to switch to green energy. Many of his colleagues said that this was a bad idea, but in the end it turned out that they were wrong! It all started when he stumbled upon https://usave.co.uk/and found out about the list of the coolest small energy suppliers. This idea originated in his head for a very long time and as a result he decided on this step and it turned out to be very profitable for him, and besides, it doesn’t such a colossal blow to the environment!

post #4 of 4 Old 05-09-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioclotidtai View Post
I don’t know what the situation is with Germany, but in England there are no problems with it and there is just a huge number of suppliers of green energy! My friend is a very ardent environmentalist and so he decided to switch to green energy. Many of his colleagues said that this was a bad idea, but in the end it turned out that they were wrong! It all started when he stumbled upon https://usave.co.uk/and found out about the list of the coolest small energy suppliers. This idea originated in his head for a very long time and as a result he decided on this step and it turned out to be very profitable for him, and besides, it doesn’t such a colossal blow to the environment!
My friend is just looking for methods to save energy and I was lucky that I came across your post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page