Chevy Automotive Technician - Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 9FingerFury

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-12-2015, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Chevy Automotive Technician

Hey everyone, I'm a GM tech working in WA state. I see there have been some questions about the car on here and figured I'd let you all know I will do my best to answer them. Feel free to ask on this topic and I'll try and answer your question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-13-2015, 01:08 PM

A few questions

Hey thanks for offering to answer questions. I have a few. I currently have a 2013 Spark LS w/4 speed automatic transmission.

1) Would it be possible to have a CVT transmission put on this one?

2) Any recommendations for having a cold air intake on one?

3) Lastly, any general information about the car like tips/tricks? I really love the handling of this car. The size of it and the practicality of it makes me want to bring it up to its max potential.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-17-2015, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordperryman View Post
Hey thanks for offering to answer questions. I have a few. I currently have a 2013 Spark LS w/4 speed automatic transmission.

1) Would it be possible to have a CVT transmission put on this one?

2) Any recommendations for having a cold air intake on one?

3) Lastly, any general information about the car like tips/tricks? I really love the handling of this car. The size of it and the practicality of it makes me want to bring it up to its max potential.
1) Anything is possible, but it would be more cost-effective to sell your current Spark and buy another. Swapping the trans would void your powertrain warranty and cost a ton between parts and labor, plus having to reprogram or even replace your ECM/TCM.

2) Please don't put a CAI on your car For what these cars are, a CAI won't help a noticeable amount. The ECM is programmed for a specific air:fuel ratio and also goes off of your IAT and MAF readings. This is all worked out to give you the best combination of fuel economy and power. Sorry, I just hate CAI's on economy cars. Defeats the purpose.

3) Don't go off of the OLM % please. Check your oil every fuel stop. I know it's basic and boring, but check it. Change your oil every 3k for city driving and no more than 5k for freeway driving.
lordperryman likes this.

post #4 of 5 Old 02-24-2017, 07:16 PM

Hey, I have a couple questions. I have a 2017 Spark. I was wondering if the turbo powerplant from the 2016 Cruze would be a viable swap. I know the engine blocks start out the same. I am concerned about the wiring harness,ECU and the direct injection. Thanks in advance.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-30-2017, 06:17 PM

Hesitation

How do I resolve acceleration hesitation issues. This happens a lot when my AC is running. It will take a few seconds, even if I have the pedal mashed down, then it will sound like it's going to explode while RPMs jump to 6k-7k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page