What to do with fiber optic cables - Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 12-14-2020, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

What to do with fiber optic cables

Stewart title is decommissioning a bunch of equipment. During decommissioning, we encountered different amounts of fiber-optic cable. I'm not sure what we should do to achieve the highest resale or disposal value. Some cables are still in packages, but I have cables that are in a tangled mess.

I know that unpacked cables are not valuable and are probably best recycled or disposed of. But I don't know what to do with these cables still in the package. Could someone give me some advice on what to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-14-2020, 04:10 PM

Passing home from the garage last night, I found about 200 meters of fiber-optic cable of the following configuration (with a 6 mm steel cable carrier). And I wondered if I could use it for wiring electricity. While searching the Internet, I came acrossfiber optic business solutions , a national provider of full-service construction, installation, and maintenance services for the telecommunications industry, which has built thousands of miles of fiber-optic plants throughout the United States. We discussed all the details with them. I completely entrusted all the work to professionals, leaving this cable for the construction of high-quality children.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-14-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPaige View Post
Passing home from the garage last night, I found about 200 meters of fiber-optic cable of the following configuration (with a 6 mm steel cable carrier). And I wondered if I could use it for wiring electricity. While searching the Internet, I came acrossfiber optic business solutions , a national provider of full-service construction, installation, and maintenance services for the telecommunications industry, which has built thousands of miles of fiber-optic plants throughout the United States. We discussed all the details with them. I completely entrusted all the work to professionals, leaving this cable for the construction of high-quality children.
Why didnít anyone tell me about this some months ago?!

post #4 of 4 Old 01-02-2021, 06:04 AM

Some of the most popular uses of fibre optic cables are listed below.
Internet. Fibre optic cables transmit large amounts of data at very high speeds. ...
Computer Networking. ...
Surgery and Dentistry. ...
Automotive Industry. ...
Telephone. ...
Lighting and Decorations. ...
Mechanical Inspections. ...
Cable Television.
The physical longevity of the cable will have been designed for 20-25 years, though in practice they will last much longer than that under normal conditions. The useful lifespan might be much shorter because optical communication technology keeps evolving and the fibre design keeps changing to reflect that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page