|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|09-19-2013 07:21 PM|
1. I've considered and driven the Chevy Volt, which is a VERY nice ride for the money. But since I park on the street (and don't have guaranteed parking) the ability to charge every night would be limited.
2. The Tesla Model S is an AWESOME car and I drool every time I see one. Just need to keep an extra car for those cross country trips where 200 miles a day will equal lots and lots of hotels (or campgrounds!)
3. Moving closer would have its upsides and downsides. I live in NYC where everything is accessible by bus or train, but work out in the sticks where there's no public transportation. I can take the Subway into Penn Station, get on a train, and then find a taxi for the rest of my commute.
|09-19-2013 11:07 AM|
You can still save on gas
Originally Posted by SRTViperDude View Post
1. Buy a Chevy Volt, which will use gas only for the last 60 miles (that is a 40% gas savings), and is a terrific ride, too.
2. Buy a Tesla Model S which has a 200 mile range, and is the best American car ever produced (Consumer Reports gave it a 99 out of 100 - a first for ANY car), and one of the best car ever made!
3. Move closer to your job. I did this over 30 years ago and I saved thousands of dollars in gas and thousands of hours in travel time every year.
You can also get a closer job, work at home, or marry someone rich (and never work again) but that is probably harder to do.
|09-17-2013 07:06 PM|
|SRTViperDude||I would buy an EV but I drive 100 miles a day. Unless I can recharge at work, I'd still have to buy gas.|
|09-17-2013 04:54 PM|
Should You Buy an Electric Car?