|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|04-23-2020 11:11 AM|
|Waldenverney||Thank you for the information|
|08-30-2017 06:17 PM|
How do I resolve acceleration hesitation issues. This happens a lot when my AC is running. It will take a few seconds, even if I have the pedal mashed down, then it will sound like it's going to explode while RPMs jump to 6k-7k.
|02-24-2017 07:16 PM|
|Jarvis Hoag||Hey, I have a couple questions. I have a 2017 Spark. I was wondering if the turbo powerplant from the 2016 Cruze would be a viable swap. I know the engine blocks start out the same. I am concerned about the wiring harness,ECU and the direct injection. Thanks in advance.|
|05-17-2015 10:43 AM|
Originally Posted by lordperryman View Post
2) Please don't put a CAI on your car For what these cars are, a CAI won't help a noticeable amount. The ECM is programmed for a specific air:fuel ratio and also goes off of your IAT and MAF readings. This is all worked out to give you the best combination of fuel economy and power. Sorry, I just hate CAI's on economy cars. Defeats the purpose.
3) Don't go off of the OLM % please. Check your oil every fuel stop. I know it's basic and boring, but check it. Change your oil every 3k for city driving and no more than 5k for freeway driving.
|05-13-2015 01:08 PM|
A few questions
Hey thanks for offering to answer questions. I have a few. I currently have a 2013 Spark LS w/4 speed automatic transmission.
1) Would it be possible to have a CVT transmission put on this one?
2) Any recommendations for having a cold air intake on one?
3) Lastly, any general information about the car like tips/tricks? I really love the handling of this car. The size of it and the practicality of it makes me want to bring it up to its max potential.
|05-12-2015 09:47 AM|
Chevy Automotive Technician
Hey everyone, I'm a GM tech working in WA state. I see there have been some questions about the car on here and figured I'd let you all know I will do my best to answer them. Feel free to ask on this topic and I'll try and answer your question.