Battery Light Flashing and shutter on take off! - Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-18-2012, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Battery Light Flashing and shutter on take off!

I traveled 350miles to get my Spark only to return home with problems. That battery light is always flashing and the battery is good and I did the alternator test and it is fine too. This has me thinking it's faulty wiring or loose connection. Another thing that's getting to me is the First gear shutter. No matter how or when I engage the clutch or how much throttle I give, it shutters on take off and you can feel it in the clutch pedal. I'm thinking it's a bad clutch from factory, it only has 450miles smh.

Anyone else having problems with their Spark?
I'll be going to a local dealer today, it's going to suck having to be without my spark so soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-18-2012, 11:39 PM

haven't heard of such problems with the spark, have you noticed any flicking of the lights?
let us know what the dealer says about the issues your having!
post #3 of 6 Old 09-22-2012, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Well turns out the dealer I bought my spark at never took it out of "Transport mode"!
The light is off now but it's still shuttering on take of but I'm guessing it's due to it being such a low powered motor. Not sure.

post #4 of 6 Old 10-04-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Well turns out the dealer I bought my spark at never took it out of "Transport mode"!
The light is off now but it's still shuttering on take of but I'm guessing it's due to it being such a low powered motor. Not sure.
did you bring it up to the dealership? if the shuddering is caused by the car and not you that should be something you should bring up.

Chrissy V
Awaiting Salsa 2013 Spark
post #5 of 6 Old 10-04-2012, 03:25 PM

I just turned 500 miles and I haven't had anything wrong, purrs like a kitten!!!
post #6 of 6 Old 10-05-2012, 04:19 PM

OP have you taken your car into the dealer? i would if i were you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNSPARK View Post
I just turned 500 miles and I haven't had anything wrong, purrs like a kitten!!!
good to know your having a flawless experience, too bad it wasn't like that for the OP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page