Oil Changes - Page 2 - Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmarky View Post
Once I get the car, I'm drivng it home from Louisville, KY to NYC, NY. SO after the first 2,000miles than 3,000 going forward. I only use Valvoline SYNpower Full Synthetic. Been using it in my 2007 Saturn Sky redline with a 2.0 turbo. I drive the car pretty hard time to time. It's a full city car. And I go for 1,000+ mile trips with it two to three times a year. I have over 50,000 miles on the car. It's a great oil. And I will be using it in the Spark.
So is 2000 miles going from Louisville, KY to NYC, NY?
have you tried any other engine oil brands and other grades of oil?

what benefits will valvoline SYNpower have on a car like the spark?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 08-26-2013, 07:26 PM

Changed the oil at 1,000 miles with Mobil 1. Not sure if it was due to the engine breaking in, but it was quieter at idle after the oil change. Next oil change will be at 7,500 or per the OLM. When it gets to under 20% I'll change the oil.
post #13 of 14 Old 11-22-2014, 05:27 PM

a tiny 1200cc engine developing 84 HP is stressed pretty good ,would use best oil one could ,,id suggest yes ,castrol, valvoline ,mobil one , penzoil, ultra synthetic , probably a few others too as long as get the best and full premium synthetic . being from east , im kinda partial to penzoil , grew up with it in all kinds of hot rods and racing engines , did have excellent results with mobil,one synthetic in my 92 ford 150 pu / with 351 eng, was losing some oil,pressure/erratic; and that cured it completely and sounds and runs much better .and uses no oil,,none!

post #14 of 14 Old 11-22-2014, 05:37 PM

a few years ago this spark engine would have been a 45 or 50 HP engine ,as now it is what would have been full,race tune then , so it could be kinda stressed if used extremly hard . you want the best for it.( oil and care) with the fuel injection, dohc's and 16 valves , variable valve timming , ect ,,its deffinetly a full race engine n for its size and HP . its a jewell , but not unbreakable ,,cherish it .would have cost you many$$$ to have duplicated it back in the 60's/70's ect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page