Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums banner

Rotate Tires

8K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  cuhl3 
#1 ·
It's time to rotate my tires. Can I do this myself? I don't think they need balancing right now. But, I'm just wondering about the TPMS.

#3 ·
I always thought you needed a TPMS tool to reset the position of the sensors once rotated. At least that's how it was on the Corvette, the tire shop I used didn't remember the position of the wheels when changing tires (front left/right got swapped) and the OnStar report showed a low tire pressure on the front right tire when the front left was actually low. The dealer had to reset this with a TPMS tool and the horn honks when the sensor is registered. Not sure if this is different on the Sparks.

#6 ·
Spark with 'run flat' tires?

Hi,

I have been trying to find a donut spare for my 2013 but the bolts are too short for most spares. One tire shop owner said (over the phone) that these might be run-flat tires and okay to drive until I could get them repaired.

I make a loooooong trip across the desert 2 or 3 times a year, so having discovered that I have no spare is kinda "harshin' my mellow, man."

Are these 'run-flats'? Does anybody know?

Thanks!

M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.