Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Juanitomaxxcarnaje
Registered

Joined a moment ago
0 Posts
#3 · a moment ago

Hello. I just ordered a 2022 Spark from GM. 2LT. FULLY spec’d. Was told it could take few months to be built and shipped from S Korea. With that said, 185/55/r15 are too small for the car. Will the Spark be able to support P205/55/R15 wheel and tires Without rubbing issues? I am not interested in bigger rims, just larger tires. Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
After 48k, have to replace the Kumho Solus TA3's that came from the factory.
Researched this forum and was confident getting the Kunmo summertime (Phoenix is home) performance 195 55 15's .

At the tire shop , the guy installed the front driver side and showed me how they rubbed during a turn - and this was with the car in air, no weight on the tire.

FYI.

·
Registered
26 Posts
175/65R-14 -snow size
185/55R-15 -stock size
195/45R-16 - 1 oversize
Are closest to the stock diameter in those rim sizes.

for 16" you can go 185/50R-16 or 205/45R-16 for width changes keeping within 1.3% of original.
In 15" you can go 225/45R-15, 205/50R-15

THat being said there is absolutely no reason to go taller. It's just an ego thing, but will not help the car in any way.

There is not really much reason to go wider, either. These car arte not going into any handling contests where it will make any difference.

Some will say going to a smaller rim, taller sidewall, and slightly narrower tread is better in the snow, while keeping the stock diameter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts