Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
The compressor in my Spark was faulty, so now I'm just waiting for my dealer to get in a new one for replacement. Glad to know something was actually broken and can be fixed, instead of just being told "well this is the best it can do."

·
Registered
2 Posts
AirConditioner

Love my Spark BUT having AC problems similar to ones mentioned. Will make appointment with my dealer and let you know what happens.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a 2000 Civic & the compressor cut off when the steering wheel hit the stops (this was intentional to give the small gas motor more power) also when at idle - could Chevy have got too aggressive with this on the Spark - any updates ?
I doubt this is the cause. GM uses an electric power assisted steering system, and has no relation to the gas engine because there is no hydraulic pump driven by the gas engine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Didn't know about the electric power steering, thanks (one less power draining device on the gas engine) :)

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I think you are correct that this issue is a wider issue with our Chevrolet Spark's air conditioning systems. My a/c is only blowing cold air when I am driving. When my car is at idle, the air stops cooling the car. I have been told that the GM engineers are working on this issue and I have an active case number so that my dealership will get the information to repair it, when the resolution is found. It has been a long hot summer, in West Tennessee.
Same here. I can hear the A/C compressor clutch disengage when at idle, then it kicks in once you get moving. Not sure if this is by design, but you have to turn the temp to max cool and recirculate on to keep the car comfortable in 90' weather.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"I think the hardware may need replacement and I feel that your car modeal (toyota?) may still be under some form of a maintenance contract that you signed with them. they may change the air conditioner for a really low price or even free. If you do not have any warranty or maintenance contract with Toyota, I highly suggest that you turn to a third party air con company to troubleshoot your aircon servicing issues.

I changed my car aircon with Subcool with them and they have really good rates. Other than that, sorry mate not sure how else to help. if you are looking at replacing your car's air con unit perhaps you would like to render this company's services? my friend who sells secondhand cars recommend this company for installing air conditioners! If you would like to do aircon chemical wash you can find them too!"

·
Registered
4 Posts
"I think the hardware may need replacement and I feel that your car modeal (toyota?) may still be under some form of a maintenance contract that you signed with them. they may change the air conditioner for a really low price or even free. If you do not have any warranty or maintenance contract with Toyota, I highly suggest that you turn to a third party air con company to troubleshoot your aircon servicing issues.

I changed my car aircon with Subcool with them and they have really good rates. Other than that, sorry mate not sure how else to help. if you are looking at replacing your car's air con unit perhaps you would like to render this company's services? my friend who sells secondhand cars recommend this company for installing air conditioners! If you would like to do aircon chemical wash you can find them too!"

"My brother was involved in an air con issue at the start of the year as well.<br />The aircon was damaged, with a foul smell and like yours, it broke down. But the place that my aircon went to for aircon servicing was SGHomeNeeds. But i feel that air conditioners are always having this problem.
thread and all but sorry, didn't know where else to post and continue on this topic."

21 - 30 of 30 Posts