Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple questions about the leather used in the Chevy Spark. How is the leather quality? I was able to stick my head in one and it smelled. I think it was the leather. Is it worth buying?

·
Registered
165 Posts
It's fake leather if you didn't notice already. For the type of car the Spark is, and for the price your paying, i think the "leather" seats are well worth it. Sure beats having cloth seats.

I would say it's worth getting.

When do you plan on getting a spark?

·
Registered
220 Posts
The seats are actually a leatherette vinyl material. Another option is to get leather seat covers. You can buy those at most auto shops.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The seats are actually a leatherette vinyl material. Another option is to get leather seat covers. You can buy those at most auto shops.
they get expensive and considering the type of person buying a spark, i would say it's not worth it.

if someone is willing to go that far and spend that much, might as well try to get used leather seats from a newer higher model Chevrolet from the junk yard and hope they fit in the Spark.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leather covers aren't that expensive. For example, you can order this online for 60 dollars shipped. Two f them would only cost about $120.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a couple questions about the leather used in the Chevy Spark. How is the leather quality? I was able to stick my head in one and it smelled. I think it was the leather. Is it worth buying?
Its synthetic leather if your wondering. The smell is normal and will be there for a bit just like the new car smell. The only thing I hate about leather seats is how hot it gets during the summer time when the sun is beating on them through the window. And in the winter they are freezing cold. Seat coolers and heaters would be nice but not in the spark that cost is too much to include.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sythentic leather is not bad if the material is durable. Real leather requires good care but can last you a long time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
BTW just putting this out there, but there's a company called leather seats that makes leather seat covers to replace old cracked one's from old cars, haven't checked if they make anything for new cars as there might not be that much of a demand, but in the future this could be an option.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Chevy should give more options on the interior for the material like if I wanted genuine leather seats instead of synthetic. I would pay the differences and maybe it would last longer too. But seat covers are a good alternative to look at as well.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Leather seats are nice, but let's be honest here. Were not dealing with a sports car here. The Spark is meant to be an affordable vehicle for people looking for cheap means of transportation. i doubt many people will add a leather option for an extra grand like other cars out there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yah I will definitely pass on the fake leather seats. I can always buy the covers later on if I want leather.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts