Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the yellow 2013 Spark. I am wanting to possibly add bass to my vehicle. I am just wondering if anyone has added bass to their Spark and any tips would be appreciated.

I am also wondering if I could hook up the bass to my audio dash.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
You can try using the rear speaker connectors and feed that into the speaker-level input of an amp to power your subwoofer. Or, you can use a speaker-level to line-level converter and then connect the RCA's into your amp. Either way, you should be able to add bass to your factory stereo by using the rear speaker outputs.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok, this can get ugly, but I have put in the full aftermarket subwoofer set up. First I ran a major power wire from the battery to the amplifier, 4 gauge. {yeah, too much, I know} and then ran the same gauge wire to a back seat bolt down for the ground wire from the amp. Next, I installed a cheap 1000 watt amp that is actually pushing more like 300-500 watts. After bridging it to get the maximum power, I then connected it to two 10 in MTX subwoofers that are run together in parallel. Again boosting power. As for the signal, I simply unplugged the rear speakers and plugged them into the amp, no cut wires or anything.
When I first put this set up together, it was more testing the set up to see what it was capable of and preparing for my custom 12 in subwoofer set up. However after completing installation and upon further testing, I have concluded that the custom 12 in subwoofer setup would be "overkill"...Im not much of one for "head blasting bass" and this current set up can go to that point with a few different songs...Tupac's California love can defiantly rattle the windows.

As for hookups to the stock radio, none. But aftermarket systems would be your best bet, especially considering the stock radio only puts out 25-30 watts per channel. {pathetic if you ask me}

·
Registered
3 Posts
For anyone whose curious I'm in the process of installing a pretty decent audio system in my 14 Spark. Components are:
JL 12 W6
JL 600/1
JL 300/4
Focal ISS165 components in doors (custom pods)
Pioneer TS-B400PRO 4" super tweeters in the dash
rockford fosgate T400-4 powering the Tweers giving them 200w rms each.
and a Kenwood Excelon DNX892 headunit.
This is about a 1300 wrms system getting installed as we speak at custom sounds. Hopefully it should be done next week. As for power an XS XP2500 battery with a battery isolator and a custom Singer alternator 140A idle 215A MAX (THANKYOU SINGER!!!). Needless to say Ive been losing alot of sleep and I sure hope it sounds good. I picked the components for SQ. Oh and a 80lb bulk hush matt for the floor, roof, and doors :) Getting ansy!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts