Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Spark Forum,

I am looking to purchase a 2015 Chevrolet Spark 1LT very soon.

I have heard that it doesn't do well on the highway. However, I don't know too much more than that.

Why is this?

I have no idea how a 1.2 L engine translates into a power metric. Please advise.

Also, I have heard that there are serious blindspot issues. I am 6' 1". Will I have any problems? Shall I just turn my neck as far around as possible, when changing lanes? Do others, who complain about this, perhaps don't do so?

I am coming from a 2008 Saturn, that needs a lot of work, so, a new car makes sense, and so far, I am in love with the Spark.

Thank you for any help that you can offer!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My issues are only on acceleration from stop. So many times do I make a left turn and it doesn't do it with the speed I expect and I almost get t-boned, I'm still new to the car though. Also I almost hit pedestrians because they fit so well in the blind spot at the drivers windshield.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hwy driving and acceleration from stop

well tho a bit noisey on hwy ,a lot as to do with road surface , and might be quieter tires altho they say dont use different tires, id chk with good tire dealer,also undercoating would surely help,andon mine exaust is discharged under car, all this should quiet greatly pipe dont come out back i will change that.
as for power at lower speeds mine standard 5 speed and it is hot, will snap your neck in 1st and second, 3rd very good ,,, with stop watch, and speedometer and accelerating test got 0 to 60 in 9 seconds ,,that may not match the new 300 hp cars but is **** good ! far better than similar size cars 20 to 30/40 years ago. like vw' s renaults, simcas, saabs, dkw's sprites, mg's ect. that 84 hp reminds me us kids used to run the flathead fords with 85 hp ,,raced them and all were very fast in those days i think the 5 speed manual is key to its performance.
mine gets 42.5 average hwy and town ,and 45 0n oregon freeway trips love my spark trouble free so far 7000 miles,first oil changeat 6500 used mobil 1 full synthetic, 5w 20

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes to blind spot

I have a 2013 Spark and I am 5' 10" tall and I find there is a blind spot in the back when I wish to merge to the right, as well as it is hard to see pedestrians in the front on the right.

I am also having acceleration issues - stepping on gas and not getting a response.

So though I love parking and driving the car, these are significant concerns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts