Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who are lucky enough to have got their Spark. What is the mpg ya'll getting?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not too bad at all! What's your driving style like? and anything else that would factor into getting the MPG you did?
I'm 46 years old, so I'm definitely not hot rodding it, and it wouldn't hot rod even if you tried. That's just regular driving with 5 speed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just got mine today and put about 120 miles on it, engine smells pretty hot. Can't wait to see what I average for the first tank?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just filled up today for the 1st tank. The computer said 38.5/mpg. But when I figure it went 340 miles on the odometer and it used 8 gallons, that comes out to 42.5. I did mostly hwy driving, but a lot of it is in traffic/construction like it always is in a minnesota summer. Not too bad, I'll be happy if it stays around there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just filled up today for the 1st tank. The computer said 38.5/mpg. But when I figure it went 340 miles on the odometer and it used 8 gallons, that comes out to 42.5. I did mostly hwy driving, but a lot of it is in traffic/construction like it always is in a minnesota summer. Not too bad, I'll be happy if it stays around there.
So if that was highway driving but a highway that is full of traffic and construction, that is really good. Just imagine if it all was smooth sailing! 50MPG? hmmm

·
Registered
165 Posts
So if that was highway driving but a highway that is full of traffic and construction, that is really good. Just imagine if it all was smooth sailing! 50MPG? hmmm
I HIGHLY doubt anyone can get 50MPG's, low 40's at the highest.
EPA rates it @ 38 highway.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've filled up 3 times so far, 38.5 on the first, 42.5 on the second, and 40.7 on the 3rd. Not to bad, I'm happy with that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got 41.1 on my last tank and 36.7 on the tank prior to. It seems to be getting better each time. It probably won't improve much over 41.1 I suspect but I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Would it be okay to use premium fuel? Some guys I know with newer cars running 4 cylinders said they got better performance and a bit better gas mileage using 91.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts