Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I always thought you needed a TPMS tool to reset the position of the sensors once rotated. At least that's how it was on the Corvette, the tire shop I used didn't remember the position of the wheels when changing tires (front left/right got swapped) and the OnStar report showed a low tire pressure on the front right tire when the front left was actually low. The dealer had to reset this with a TPMS tool and the horn honks when the sensor is registered. Not sure if this is different on the Sparks.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
hey don't use TPMS.It not suites you although you can try it by yourself easily.There are no any complications.
At least in New York, a tire shop cannot (legally) mount and balance your tires if your TPMS system is non-functional. So I ended up purchasing a second set of TPMS sensors when I swapped wheels and a TPMS reset tool. Also, you may not pass inspection if your "Service TPMS" light is on.

See the following article:

Having winter tires installed just got more complicated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spark with 'run flat' tires?

Hi,

I have been trying to find a donut spare for my 2013 but the bolts are too short for most spares. One tire shop owner said (over the phone) that these might be run-flat tires and okay to drive until I could get them repaired.

I make a loooooong trip across the desert 2 or 3 times a year, so having discovered that I have no spare is kinda "harshin' my mellow, man."

Are these 'run-flats'? Does anybody know?

Thanks!

M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts