Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard Chevrolet will be coming out with a Spark Turbo model in the near future that could used the 1.4 Turbo found in the Cruze, or possibly get it's very own 1.2 Turbo.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It might or might not be a great idea.

People who want power can get the Sonic that comes with a turbo powerplant. Spark lacks any performance ability, and a turbo would help it.

Seeing how Sparks are sold in many different nations, it should still be as affordable as the rest of the line up, especially when your making monthly payments.

·
Registered
135 Posts
How the spark is marketed I dont think it would generate much sales for them to make a performance version. Right now if you look at the spark what do you think? Its a affordable compact. Although it wouldnt be a bad idea to have as an option but the crowd is way to small for that.

·
Registered
153 Posts
How the spark is marketed I dont think it would generate much sales for them to make a performance version. Right now if you look at the spark what do you think? Its a affordable compact. Although it wouldnt be a bad idea to have as an option but the crowd is way to small for that.
It's a totally new car for north america. Europeans don't demand power and driver cars as much as us. Being such a new car thats already selling well I think the possibility of a Spark turbo IS possible, even if it's not a Spark SS....just something to get crazy gas mileage.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would buy it, just keep the cost to around $16,000, if it got better gas mileage and a little more pep, that would be great, I bet the majority of people would order that, just like they are going to with the sonic.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would buy it, just keep the cost to around $16,000, if it got better gas mileage and a little more pep, that would be great, I bet the majority of people would order that, just like they are going to with the sonic.
for $16 000 I think we're going to have to wait for a while. Only time I can see it hitting $16k is when it has a lot of major components that are shared among the Chevy and GM brand.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have heard that a turbo for our 1.2 liter engines could come out as an aftermarket item possilby from GM itself. But if so it may be a lonnnng time until getting one. Speaking of an SS Spark, it does not have to have any engine upgrades ala 2013 Chevy Sonic GS. They added a few cosmetic details and tweaked a few things, but has the same 1.4 l turbo.
They could add bigger tires, differnt front facia, and I am sure it would look nice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
where did you hear that a turbo might come out for our 1.2's? i'd like to find out more about it
I am in another Chevy Sparks club. I just found this one. A member there was talking about a turbo kit for the 1.2 in Korea. And hope it finds it's way to the US via dealerships. It is an international club, and has tons of articles from over two years before the US Spark was realeased. www.chevysparksclub.com ;) BTW in that club I am SparkFan. I tried to make that one here, but someone already had that id. LOL

·
Registered
72 Posts
BREAKING NEWS!

@ Sema we will get to see the Chevy Spark Z Spec concept! Maybe it will be turbo, maybe not! It sure looks like it needs a turbo

That just looks amazing. Almost makes me forget about the Spark. One of my favorite things is the rear hatch spoiler that starts at the top of the tail lights and goes all the way up to the center brake light.

Has there been any recent Spark Z Spec news, hopefully Chevrolet has real plans to put this into production.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I really hope they go with the turbo on this Spark. Chevy did an amazing job with the outer design, now they just need to make sure everything else is up to par. How much do you think it will priced at if put to production?

·
Registered
227 Posts
If there were ever to be a spark turbo it would probably be more likely at the $20,000 mark. An upgrade like that on the aftermarket would usually be around 4000-6000k so it adds up quite a bit. They would lose money if it stayws at $16,000. For that much a performance trim would maybe only have suspension amd wheel upgrades with i that trim.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Has anyone actually added an aftermarket turbo to their Chevy Spark? It'd be cool to see what others have done.
I think there is a older chevy spark that someone built up with full roll cage and yeah it was turbocharged and I think it made 400 hp or something in that range.

I would like to see some more aftermarket support for the spark though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I could see the Spark in the future have a turbocharged small engine.

Would be the most efficient way of making power in a small package.

·
Registered
135 Posts
What kills me is why they dont already. The Sonic has a turbocharged engine, why dont they just stick that in the Spark and make it the performance model.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One thing i noticed, which I love, is the exhaust exit, and how well it flows with the rest of the bumper. My only issue is that it's a single exhaust, I think it would look better with dual exhaust. a quick recap of the Spark Z-Spec pic ....

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree with that a dual exhaust would bump up the performance look overall and have a unique look to it. Or maybe even a diffuser for the spark's rear bumper to make it more aggressive looking.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I love the way it looks but it will still remain a concept for now. I tried to look for more info on the z spec but nada. the spark I think will just remain a city slicker and gas saver for now. chevy is just playing it out by ear right now with this whole idea. If they are going to doing something like this it might fall under the chevy sonic instead.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts