Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2014 Chevy Spark will some see changes as it will say goodbye to the 4-speed automatic and will now offer a continuously-variable automatic transmission (CVT). Other transmission choices will include a five-speed manual, and both the CVT and manual transmissions will be partnered with an 84 horsepower, 1.2-liter four-cylinder engine.

What do you guys think? Is anyone excited about the CVT?

·
Registered
115 Posts
CVT helps save gas right?

That would mean even better gas mileage on the Spark!

I think it is a good idea. :)

Are CVT transmissions smoother?

·
Registered
153 Posts
CVT is a step up from the traditional automatic transmission which will help us get more gas mileage but I really think Chevy should be looking at dual clutch transmissions. I think a DCT transmission can help with getting even more gas mileage and performance.

·
Registered
227 Posts
From what i heard in the past is that a CVT transmission would be batter for fuel economy but is quite boring when you want it to pick up in speed and acceleration.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If your trying to save yourself some gas on the spark why not get the CVT transmission but if you care about fun you can forget about it. Your better off getting the 5 speed transmssion. on the positive side you can save some fuel and have better wear on the transmission itself. The downside is the pain in the ass repair if you were to have an issue and the cost to fix one is significantly higher. since there is no natural shift point it might feel light one long gear to some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts