After a successful run around the globe with more than 600,000 sales, the Chevrolet Spark is now available here.
Customers’ tastes and needs have differed from region to region since the Spark launched in Korea in 2009, according to the vehicle maker. What follows are some Spark facts from around the world:
- The Spark is the best-selling Chevy vehicle in India and pink is the preferred colour in Korea.
- In South America, the Spark is seen as a status symbol for up-and-comers.
- In Europe, the Spark is most popular in Italy.
- In Africa, customers favorite colour choices are red, cocktail green and atomic blue.
- In Australia, the Spark was originally only offered with a manual transmission.
- The Spark represents 40 per cent of all General Motors vehicle sales in Lebanon.
- The Spark was re-engineered for the United States and Canada to add technology and safety features as well as better ride and handling in city and highway driving.