Chevy Spark Forum : Chevrolet Spark Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to get my first car, and I do not know much about cars, but I only see horrible reviews about the spark on reddit. Why does this car suck? Or are people just exaggerating?
I'm considering getting a used 2013-2017 LT or LS. The price ranges seem to go from high 6k-13k+ depending on the year.
What is a better car than this in general, but also used under $8-9k??
Great input so far btw
https://tplinklogin.one/
https://sarkarijobs.gen.in
https://192-168-1-128.link/

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe that you need to just go and test drive one. I have a Chevy Spark and I love my little green monster! I drive a manual drive and just got it serviced. Very little issues with it. It’s only me now so I don’t need a bunch of people in my car either!
I have a 2014...if you are starting out with this car, most likely your friends want to be seen with you in something that may appeal to them, not you! (haters)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a 2019 LT and love it i miss the room of my Cadilac escalade ext but i will take economy over ego any day of the week but am going to up grade my sound system for personal reasons not looking to totally rice out but with some stripes and some pound it will be a funky little go getter ,,,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got a 2019 LT and love it i miss the room of my Cadilac escalade ext but i will take economy over ego any day of the week but am going to up grade my sound system for personal reasons not looking to totally rice out but with some stripes and some pound it will be a funky little go getter ,,,
Exactly! Gas prices are on the rise and who needs their budget to go crazy like that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like my 2013 Spark 2LT alot. It is one of the most dependable cars I have ever owned.
I like the big headlights, and big tail lights. I don't like the newer ones as much, but I don't dislike the newer ones either. It's very easy to park and maneuver around. You may think it's not safe but I can see all around this little car and driving it is fun.

It always starts, runs and I have never seen a check engine light.

I can tell you about my year+ of ownership.

The stock wheels are lame. But aftermarket ones were not expensive.

No spare tire, but keeping one of the stock wheels which does fit in the back along with a jack and tire tool solved that issue.

The only thing bad I have read about it is the CVT transmission going out around 100k. Mine has 70k and no problems, but people seem quite stern about the transmissions going out. The dealership has them for around 2k brand new and a shop can put one in for less than $1000 so I am not real worried if it happens.

There are some things that are just made cheap on this car that I have had to change.
Not complaining here just saying.

The rear door handles broke, but they were cheap to fix like 20$ for both. The rear tail lights started getting foggy inside and had to be replaced but they were like 70$ for the tail light complete with bulbs and new wiring harness.
Very easy to change out too.

The shifter knob was not cheap since GM does not sell it I had to buy a used assembly just to get the shifter knob.
Easy to change only 2 screws. I could not find an aftermarket one because the part it fits on is just too big.

The glove box is not cheap from the dealer(over 100$). I removed mine to run a cable through the back for a radar detector, and when I removed it the little clips holding it on came apart so when it is opened up it just falls on the ground. I will replace it eventually since I need all the space I can get in this car.

The stock battery sucks. I did some modifications and put a large Optima Battery on the car and wow it starts up real easy now.

The factory stereo sucks. Adding a much better stereo and speakers to this car was not hard to do at all.

The struts for me seem to be the worst problem. When I bought mine with 60,000 miles they were rattling and busted. I changed them out and used an aftermarket mount. That mount broke. I put the original stock mounts back on, and have not had any more problems.

My only real complaint about this car is the cruise control buttons do not light up. Actually nothing on the steering wheel lights up no radio buttons nothing. No lights on the power window buttons either, but hey the door lock/unlock buttons light up(something I rarely if ever use because putting it in park unlocks putting it in drive locks.) After owning it a while I know where the set button is on the cruise control, and the button to turn the volume up and down. I don't need a light anymore, and can find these things in the dark, but it would be nice to have is all.

Power; well anyone that has one of these will tell you it is not a corvette. I did remove the stock air box and put a cheap autozone open cone filter on it. I cut the sensor on the airbox off and it fit right in. I had the cat under the car removed and a piece of pipe put in its place. Both of these things gave the car a bit more power.

Gas mileage; well what can I say here? Even if gas goes up to $5.00 a gallon this car will still shine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought new in 2016, caught a lot of flack from friends and colleague's as im a truck guy. This is my commuter car and luv it 60k +miles and averages 38mpg.
After i purchased it i had a number of people inquire about the car... so far no complaints here

·
Registered
6 Posts
not everyone hates the chevy spark but i will admit this when your driving ppl will occasionally laugh and try to race your spark its really annoying. ive owned my spark 9 years best car ive owned but i want to sell it now almost has 200k.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts